It’s always unbelievable how quickly the months go by, but they always do. Here we are again on the first of April wondering how the past three months have already passed us by. And as a part of that we look back to see what we’ve done in the past three months and plan ahead for what we still have left to do in the rest of the year. At the beginning of the year, I made a list of things I’d like to be better at this year. You can see that post here. Now it’s time to look at how I’ve been doing with this list.
1) Find fulfillment in my job or find a new job – Even though my job hasn’t changed much, I started working from home four days a week and this has helped immensely. Being able to be at home, save money, eat whatever food I want straight from my kitchen, hang out with my pets and not have to drive every day really helps me have a positive outlook on my job. I still can’t say it’s my dream job, but to have the opportunity that I do is a great thing and I’m taking advantage of that.
2) Volunteer – I haven’t done any volunteering but I can’t say I’ve tried. It hasn’t been on the top of my priority list. I still plan on finding something, but I’ve had other things occupying my time.
3) Friendships – I’ve definitely been seeing my girlfriends much more throughout the month than I was last year. We’ve been rotating going to someone’s house each week and even though I might have to sit in traffic for a little while sometimes, it’s still worth it. We always have a great time and it’s been nice to catch up and de-stress. I really enjoy this time. I still need to plan a visit to see college friends but I know since I’ll be traveling for that it’ll have to wait until later in the year.
4) Visit my mom more – I’ve been seeing my mom about once or twice a month which was more than I did before so I’d say I’ve improved on this one!
5) Read more books – I’ve been slacking on this one big time. So far this year I’ve only read 1.5 books. I read Raven Stole the Moon by Garth Stein and half of The Paris Wife for book club. I’m downloading Bossypants by Tina Fey for book club this week so I’ll read that next and I’m looking forward to it! I’m also in the middle of a book called Floating.
6) Keep up w ith my blog – In the month of March alone I blogged 8 times which is about 2 times per week. I’m comfortable with this for now with the hope that I’ll increase it as time goes on.
7) Go on more dates with Noah – We’ve gone to the movies, gone out to dinner for our dating anniversary and went to see the Cherry Blossoms. I think as the weather gets warmer we’ll be going on even more dates. So far it’s been about once per month which is fine with me!
Overall, I think I’ve been doing well with my goals for the year. I’ve also been making more and more recipes from my Recipes list, I started doing some DIY projects again that I’ll be sharing soon and I haven’t had even a sip of soda since New Year’s Eve! We’ve also been sticking to our budget and savings plan and paying off debt which was another big goal for us this year. I’m really happy with how the year has been going so far and I’m excited to see what the next 9 months has in store.